Northern Ireland Creative Employment Programme
The recently launched Northern Ireland Creative Employment Programme has been designed to cultivate talent and provide fair access for young people to job opportunities in the creative and cultural industries.
NI CEP will provide wage incentives to businesses who decide to recruit young people as interns and apprentices in areas such as design, technical theatre, music business, cultural heritage, community arts, business support and live events.
Wage incentives of up to £5,000 will be available for businesses to recruit apprentices (aged 16-24) for a minimum of 2 years, while up to £1,500 will be paid to businesses to help support interns (aged 18-24) for a minimum of 6 months.
The first round of the Northern Ireland Creative Employment Programme closed on 26 June 2015 and we have been delighted by the initial response and applications. This new funding provides an exciting opportunity for both business growth and the development of new talent within the creative sectors. Over the next three years NI CEP will seek to establish 100 paid entry level internships and apprenticeships and we look forward to as many creative businesses as possible being involved.
The second round closes for applications 4th September.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss the programme in more detail, please contact us on:
028 9032 5072
Next article: Film of Anatomy of Design #007: Jamie Neely – Monotype
This is the Articles section.
Where designers and clients can share their thoughts on the role of design. Please let us know if you’d like to contribute an article.
More Articles articles
- Irish Design 2015’s Global Irish Design Challenge
- Northern Ireland Creative Employment Programme
- Film of Anatomy of Design #007: Jamie Neely – Monotype
- Film of Anatomy of Design #006: Sarah Drummond – Snook
- Film of Anatomy of Design #005: Tandem – Provocation by Design
- Mapping the Design Industry in Northern Ireland
- Designing Innovation
- Film of Anatomy of Design #004: Paul Davies – Psychologists Who Can
- Film of Anatomy of Design #003: Giving Voice to Ideas with Mike Reed
- Film of Anatomy of Design #002: Complexity, Scale and Making Things Happen with Matt Coyne
- Film of Anatomy of Design #001 — Stephen McCarthy GDS / GOV.uk
- In support of the middle
- Design Education: the profession and the student
- How to keep your clients happy?
- How to win new business?
- What is a designer?
- How to hire a designer?
- Interested in a career in design – where do you start?
- How to write a good brief?
- How to recruit a designer?