Film of Anatomy of Design #006: Sarah Drummond – Snook
In March we welcomed Sarah Drummond from Snook to speak as part of our Anatomy of Design series on the subject of ‘Opening Design for Social Innovation’
Sarah is the co-founder and Managing Director at Snook, a service design and innovation agency in Scotland. She focuses on making social change happen by re-thinking public services from a human perspective. With an unwavering belief in people power and their ability to solve problems in collaboration with government she is known for her openness and dedication to using design to solve complex problems.
Since Snook formed in 2009 they have been leading the provision of service design application to projects in Scotland at a National level. Snook’s vision is to strive for big or small change everyday in their practice by winning hearts, changing mindsets and creating opportunities for the public to do things differently. In this talk Sarah describes Snook’s development and the fascinating projects they are delivering through this vision.
Filmed in the Ulster Hall Belfast by @djlowry on 19th March 2015
This is the Articles section.
Where designers and clients can share their thoughts on the role of design. Please let us know if you’d like to contribute an article.
More Articles articles
- Irish Design 2015’s Global Irish Design Challenge
- Northern Ireland Creative Employment Programme
- Film of Anatomy of Design #007: Jamie Neely – Monotype
- Film of Anatomy of Design #006: Sarah Drummond – Snook
- Film of Anatomy of Design #005: Tandem – Provocation by Design
- Mapping the Design Industry in Northern Ireland
- Designing Innovation
- Film of Anatomy of Design #004: Paul Davies – Psychologists Who Can
- Film of Anatomy of Design #003: Giving Voice to Ideas with Mike Reed
- Film of Anatomy of Design #002: Complexity, Scale and Making Things Happen with Matt Coyne
- Film of Anatomy of Design #001 — Stephen McCarthy GDS / GOV.uk
- In support of the middle
- Design Education: the profession and the student
- How to keep your clients happy?
- How to win new business?
- What is a designer?
- How to hire a designer?
- Interested in a career in design – where do you start?
- How to write a good brief?
- How to recruit a designer?