Film of Anatomy of Design #003: Giving Voice to Ideas with Mike Reed
In September we were delighted to welcome Mike Reed to Belfast to speak as part of our Anatomy of Design series. Mike Reed is a creative writer for brands. From London to Sydney, cake to koalas, Mike’s work has connected people with ideas.
Working with some of the world’s most interesting agencies (The Brand Union, The Partners, Hat-Trick, Interbrand, Landor, Razorfish, SomeOne), Mike has gained a reputation for enthusiastic flair and wit.
Here, Mike discusses why language matters to design; how understanding the interplay of speaker and listener can help express the spirit of a brand; and how words give voice to ideas.
Filmed in the MAC in Belfast by @djlowry on 26th September 2013
This is the Articles section.
Where designers and clients can share their thoughts on the role of design. Please let us know if you’d like to contribute an article.
More Articles articles
- Irish Design 2015’s Global Irish Design Challenge
- Northern Ireland Creative Employment Programme
- Film of Anatomy of Design #007: Jamie Neely – Monotype
- Film of Anatomy of Design #006: Sarah Drummond – Snook
- Film of Anatomy of Design #005: Tandem – Provocation by Design
- Mapping the Design Industry in Northern Ireland
- Designing Innovation
- Film of Anatomy of Design #004: Paul Davies – Psychologists Who Can
- Film of Anatomy of Design #003: Giving Voice to Ideas with Mike Reed
- Film of Anatomy of Design #002: Complexity, Scale and Making Things Happen with Matt Coyne
- Film of Anatomy of Design #001 — Stephen McCarthy GDS / GOV.uk
- In support of the middle
- Design Education: the profession and the student
- How to keep your clients happy?
- How to win new business?
- What is a designer?
- How to hire a designer?
- Interested in a career in design – where do you start?
- How to write a good brief?
- How to recruit a designer?