Irish Design 2015’s Global Irish Design Challenge
Irish Design 2015’s Global Irish Design Challenge is now open for submissions. This is an opportunity for design professionals, students and graduates – both on the island of Ireland as well as those abroad with strong links to Ireland – to be featured in a high-profile exhibition at the new national design centre in Dublin next year, with the potential to tour internationally. Entrants are invited to submit a product, project or concept that has the potential to revolutionise the way we live. The aim is to showcase innovative Irish design solutions to current and future global challenges while activating and connecting a global network of Irish design talent.
The Global Irish Design Challenge is free to enter and is open to designers of every discipline including architects, furniture designers, animators, service designers, design engineers, fashion and textile designers, product designers, graphic and web designers etc. The Challenge accepts new, existing and speculative work, so entrants are welcome to submit a project that they are currently working on, a great idea that they’ve had hiding in their desk for years, or something that has already changed the world and made them famous.
The distinguished jury panel of internationally influential design experts includes the acclaimed Jay Osgerby, who was awarded an OBE in 2013 for his services to the design industry, and veteran Japanese designer Hideichi Misono, former chief designer for Toyota. Further judges will be announced in the coming weeks as part of our ongoing media campaign.
Entry is free and the closing date is 30 November 2015.
Full information can be found here.
Next article: Northern Ireland Creative & Cultural Skills Awards
This is the Articles section.
Where designers and clients can share their thoughts on the role of design. Please let us know if you’d like to contribute an article.
More Articles articles
- Irish Design 2015’s Global Irish Design Challenge
- Northern Ireland Creative Employment Programme
- Film of Anatomy of Design #007: Jamie Neely – Monotype
- Film of Anatomy of Design #006: Sarah Drummond – Snook
- Film of Anatomy of Design #005: Tandem – Provocation by Design
- Mapping the Design Industry in Northern Ireland
- Designing Innovation
- Film of Anatomy of Design #004: Paul Davies – Psychologists Who Can
- Film of Anatomy of Design #003: Giving Voice to Ideas with Mike Reed
- Film of Anatomy of Design #002: Complexity, Scale and Making Things Happen with Matt Coyne
- Film of Anatomy of Design #001 — Stephen McCarthy GDS / GOV.uk
- In support of the middle
- Design Education: the profession and the student
- How to keep your clients happy?
- How to win new business?
- What is a designer?
- How to hire a designer?
- Interested in a career in design – where do you start?
- How to write a good brief?
- How to recruit a designer?