Film of Anatomy of Design #004: Paul Davies – Psychologists Who Can
In November, we were delighted to welcome Paul Davies to speak as part of our Anatomy of Design Series. Paul is a registered psychologist with the unique quirk of also being a qualified designer – creating the intriguing job title of design psychologist. Working in the design & advertising industry for over 17 years, Paul has applied behavioural research and psychological insights to projects that educate, persuade and entertain for the likes of the Arts & Humanities Research Council, The Design Council, Barclays, NHS and the Cabinet Office.
Here he discuses how design is made better through a knowledge of psychology.
Keep up to date with Paul and his work at Twitter: @thedesignpsych and www.wearebehaviour.com
This is the Articles section.
Where designers and clients can share their thoughts on the role of design. Please let us know if you’d like to contribute an article.
More Articles articles
- Irish Design 2015’s Global Irish Design Challenge
- Northern Ireland Creative Employment Programme
- Film of Anatomy of Design #007: Jamie Neely – Monotype
- Film of Anatomy of Design #006: Sarah Drummond – Snook
- Film of Anatomy of Design #005: Tandem – Provocation by Design
- Mapping the Design Industry in Northern Ireland
- Designing Innovation
- Film of Anatomy of Design #004: Paul Davies – Psychologists Who Can
- Film of Anatomy of Design #003: Giving Voice to Ideas with Mike Reed
- Film of Anatomy of Design #002: Complexity, Scale and Making Things Happen with Matt Coyne
- Film of Anatomy of Design #001 — Stephen McCarthy GDS / GOV.uk
- In support of the middle
- Design Education: the profession and the student
- How to keep your clients happy?
- How to win new business?
- What is a designer?
- How to hire a designer?
- Interested in a career in design – where do you start?
- How to write a good brief?
- How to recruit a designer?