On the 25th March NIDA held the event, Designing Innovation. By inviting representatives of business, education and the public sector, the Northern Ireland Design Alliance aimed to facilitate the debate on how design and creative thinking can help grow our innovation culture.
The keynote speaker for the day, Lee Sankey, Design Director of Innovation and Customer Experience at Barclays Bank, argued that designers bring real value to business when they are allowed to implement their skills in all aspects of a company. See Lee’s argument in full below.
For further information about this event and discussion of the issues surrounding it please see the blog post by Sara Graham, Head of Skills Academy, Northern Ireland for Creative & Cultural Skills here
This is the Articles section.
Where designers and clients can share their thoughts on the role of design. Please let us know if you’d like to contribute an article.
More Articles articles
- Irish Design 2015’s Global Irish Design Challenge
- Northern Ireland Creative Employment Programme
- Film of Anatomy of Design #007: Jamie Neely – Monotype
- Film of Anatomy of Design #006: Sarah Drummond – Snook
- Film of Anatomy of Design #005: Tandem – Provocation by Design
- Mapping the Design Industry in Northern Ireland
- Designing Innovation
- Film of Anatomy of Design #004: Paul Davies – Psychologists Who Can
- Film of Anatomy of Design #003: Giving Voice to Ideas with Mike Reed
- Film of Anatomy of Design #002: Complexity, Scale and Making Things Happen with Matt Coyne
- Film of Anatomy of Design #001 — Stephen McCarthy GDS / GOV.uk
- In support of the middle
- Design Education: the profession and the student
- How to keep your clients happy?
- How to win new business?
- What is a designer?
- How to hire a designer?
- Interested in a career in design – where do you start?
- How to write a good brief?
- How to recruit a designer?