The Evolve Programme – Legal Workshop: Getting the Details Right
This is the seventh session in The Evolve Programme run by Blick Studios.
The Evolve Programme is aimed at small and start up creative businesses. It is free to access and has been designed to offer relevant high quality support specifically for leaders of small creative businesses to enable them to meet their growth potential.
This short and informal workshop will cover some of the most important legal issues which are crucial in starting up and maintaining a creative business, there are many issues beyond having a good idea which are vital to having a successful business and this workshop will try and cover the most important, it will be led by Specialist business solicitor Angela Brady. The workshop will be followed by opportunities to have a one-on-one personal meeting with Angela where she will be able to advise you on individual issues which may be affecting your businesses.
- To present good practice guidance on developing contractual arrangements and key terms
- To demonstrate the processes and records that can be followed to ensure that you are paid on time and are able to easily pursue outstanding debts
- To demonstrate how to bring an application in the Small Claims Court
Key issues to be covered
- Providing advice on terms of business and standard clauses
- Advice on creating a ‘paper trail’ in dealings with debtors
- Provision of a standard pre proceedings letter that can be used by attendees
- Overview of Small Claims Court procedure to include provision of standard endorsement for use on application form
- Advice on how to present a case in the Small Claims Court