Seminar: Sandra Scott, Digital Executive Producer/Head of Production at Walt Disney’s ImageMovers Digital (IMD)
This is a unique opportunity to hear from Sandra Scott, an 18 year industry veteran, who arrived at IMD in 2008 at the onset of IMD’s first digital feature, A Christmas Carol. IMD was built in conjunction with filmmaker Robert Zemeckis whose sole focus was to create a studio that facilitates storytelling from production design inception, through to live action performance capture and finally, to the rendering of fully digital environments and characters.
Scott was immediately tasked with transforming the studio from a visual effects, shot-production modality to a feature-animation friendly workflow, where story, instead of ‘shots’, are at the core of every decision. Scott was credited with turning the production process of the studio around and overseeing delivery of Zemeckis’ first film through IMD, on-time and on budget. Scott lives by a work philosophy that centres around finding solutions to the obstacles that threaten the creative process, building cohesive teams and partnerships, and taking a hands-on approach to get the job done.
Spaces are limited and must be booked in advance. To book a place please email: [email protected]
This seminar is part of a series organised by Skillset and Creative & Cultural Skills. The purpose is not only to hear from a successful visual effects producer, but also to create a forum for local designers, digital content providers and independent television producers to meet and develop business contacts, particularly in light of the planned increase in regional network spend by the BBC and other network providers.
Next article: Re:Collection
This is the section.
- Belfast Design Week
- Designer Small Talk
- Irish Design 2015’s Global Irish Design Challenge
- Northern Ireland Creative & Cultural Skills Awards
- Northern Ireland Creative Employment Programme
- Design Makes Everything Better
- Film of Anatomy of Design #007: Jamie Neely – Monotype
- Film of Anatomy of Design #006: Sarah Drummond – Snook
- Film of Anatomy of Design #005: Tandem – Provocation by Design
- Anatomy of Design #006: Sarah Drummond – Snook
- Anatomy of Design #007: Jamie Neely – Monotype
- Anatomy of Design #005: Tandem – Provocation by Design (Derry~Londonderry)
- Anatomy of Design #005: Tandem – Provocation by Design (Belfast)
- Professional Development Opportunity: Service Design
- Mapping the Design Industry in Northern Ireland
- Maker Day Belfast
- Designing Innovation
- Film of Anatomy of Design #004: Paul Davies – Psychologists Who Can
- Northern Ireland Design Business Survey
- Anatomy of Design #004: Paul Davies – Psychologists Who Can