Reimagining – Changing apathy into empathy
The Northern Ireland Design Alliance is hosting the Creative Entrepreneurs Club in August on the subject of ‘Reimagining – changing apathy into empathy’.
Winning both hearts and minds is important in business. Designers Mike Fleming and Tim Farrell share their thoughts on this based on recent client work with The Alliance Party and AU Magazine.
Mike Fleming, Fleming Steele: Rebrand of the Alliance Party and their election campaign.
Mike Fleming is one of Northern Ireland’s most experienced communication professionals. With over 20 years’ in the advertising and branding industries he has worked on a diverse range of clients for a variety of agencies both locally, in mainland Great Britain and in the Republic of Ireland.
Mike’s work spans the communication spectrum, from TV commercials to internal employee engagement; from online viral films to brand guideline documents.
Mike started his career in advertising as a copywriter in mainland UK and after 8 years at some of the largest network agencies returned to his native Northern Ireland to become the Creative Director at AV Browne in Belfast and Dublin.
Since 2007, Mike has been working as a freelance advertising and branding writer in London, Belfast and Dublin. In November 2010 he established his own hybrid branding, digital and ad agency, Fleming Steele, with offices in Belfast and London.
Mike’s current and recent advertising and branding experience includes: The Alliance Party, The 2010 Ryder Cup, Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team, Wales Tourist Board, Vodafone, Unilever, Aviva Rugby Premiership, Sony Viao, Sky,Queen’s University Belfast, O2.
Timothy Farrell, Designer: Redesign of AU Magazine.
Tim Farrell graduated in 2008 with a BA (Hons) in Visual Communication from University of Ulster. Having worked for 3 years with Triplicate Design, Tim has now established his own business, working with such clients as AU Magazine, Open House Festival and Smalltown America Records.
To register for this event, please contact Brendan McGoran no later than 4.00pm 19th August 2011 with the following:
Business Address (including Postcode)
Email: [email protected]
This is the section.
- Belfast Design Week
- Designer Small Talk
- Irish Design 2015’s Global Irish Design Challenge
- Northern Ireland Creative & Cultural Skills Awards
- Northern Ireland Creative Employment Programme
- Design Makes Everything Better
- Film of Anatomy of Design #007: Jamie Neely – Monotype
- Film of Anatomy of Design #006: Sarah Drummond – Snook
- Film of Anatomy of Design #005: Tandem – Provocation by Design
- Anatomy of Design #006: Sarah Drummond – Snook
- Anatomy of Design #007: Jamie Neely – Monotype
- Anatomy of Design #005: Tandem – Provocation by Design (Derry~Londonderry)
- Anatomy of Design #005: Tandem – Provocation by Design (Belfast)
- Professional Development Opportunity: Service Design
- Mapping the Design Industry in Northern Ireland
- Maker Day Belfast
- Designing Innovation
- Film of Anatomy of Design #004: Paul Davies – Psychologists Who Can
- Northern Ireland Design Business Survey
- Anatomy of Design #004: Paul Davies – Psychologists Who Can