Intellectual Property Seminar
As part of Design Week 2013 the Northern Ireland Design Alliance and Creative & Cultural Skills are hosting a seminar about Intellectual Property in Design in association with Cleaver Fulton Rankin Solicitors.
The seminar will focus on ‘Protecting Ideas’ with Chris Neill and Michael King of Cleaver Fulton Rankin who will present an introduction to intellectual property and discuss dealing with infringement, enforcement and recent case studies within a design context.
The seminar will be held on Tuesday 5 November 9.15am – 11.45am at Ten Square Hotel, 10 Donegall Square South, Belfast, Northern Ireland, BT1 5JD
Places are free of charge but are limited and must be booked. Please only reserve a place if sure of being able to attend.
To reserve a place please contact Sarah Jones at [email protected] by Friday 1st November.
Michael King – Associate
Michael is as a commercial litigator who has developed expertise in intellectual property and information technology law. He obtained a postgraduate diploma in commercial intellectual property law from Nottingham Trent University in 2010. He advises on the whole range of intellectual property matters but his most recent experience has focussed on branding, online disputes and the agri-food sector. His clients include the Agri-Food and Bioscience Institute, manufacturers and media companies.
He has experience of all levels of courts and tribunals in Northern Ireland and alternative dispute resolution. He obtained a certificate in mediation and alternative dispute resolution from the Law Society of Northern Ireland in 2012. He has also represented professional clients before disciplinary bodies where allegations of misconduct included plagiarism and breach of other intellectual property rights.
Christopher Neill – Assistant Solicitor
Christopher is a Corporate and Commercial Solicitor who advises domestic and international commercial and charitable clients on a broad range of non-contentious corporate, commercial and intellectual property issues.
Christopher has extensive experience in advising on intellectual property and commercial contracts including the exploitation of IP assets, IP capture, acquisition, disposal and licensing agreements, e-commerce, e-money, data protection and information governance issues.
His recent experience includes advising Titanic Belfast Limited in relation to intellectual property protection and brand licensing and a local medical diagnostics company in respect of intellectual property and employment issues, IP capture and patent licensing.
This is the section.
- Belfast Design Week
- Designer Small Talk
- Irish Design 2015’s Global Irish Design Challenge
- Northern Ireland Creative & Cultural Skills Awards
- Northern Ireland Creative Employment Programme
- Design Makes Everything Better
- Film of Anatomy of Design #007: Jamie Neely – Monotype
- Film of Anatomy of Design #006: Sarah Drummond – Snook
- Film of Anatomy of Design #005: Tandem – Provocation by Design
- Anatomy of Design #006: Sarah Drummond – Snook
- Anatomy of Design #007: Jamie Neely – Monotype
- Anatomy of Design #005: Tandem – Provocation by Design (Derry~Londonderry)
- Anatomy of Design #005: Tandem – Provocation by Design (Belfast)
- Professional Development Opportunity: Service Design
- Mapping the Design Industry in Northern Ireland
- Maker Day Belfast
- Designing Innovation
- Film of Anatomy of Design #004: Paul Davies – Psychologists Who Can
- Northern Ireland Design Business Survey
- Anatomy of Design #004: Paul Davies – Psychologists Who Can